Frightening Book Proceedings
December 16, 2017 | ~1 min read time.

In 2016, I decided to participate in NaNoWrImO again. I’d done so a couple of previous yeas, but I never finished it. This time around, not finishing wasn’t an option. He said so. So, I scheduled time each day to write, and I had reached the 50,000 word goal by November 21, 2016. 10 days ahead of time! The final word count was actually 56,052.

For the last few days, I’ve been proofreading and editing it. Now 56,939 words. I intend to give it to a couple of friends for a Christmas present, and if they choose to read it, even though its not their usual genre, they will be technically advanced readers. I decided I’m going to publish it. That’s the frightening proceeding.

I’ve created cover art, and I’m currently learning the preferred formatting for both iBooks and Kindle. Interestingly, Kindle guidelines are stricter than iBooks’. I didn’t realise there was an area where anyone was more rigid than Apple! I’m not sure when I intend to actually put the novel up somewhere for people to buy if they wish. I may need a push to actually go that far, but just working on it again after a year has passed feels nice!